But first let’s consider why copywriting may not be on your list of priorities.
As a successful small business owner you’re very close to your company.
After all you’ve:
- Developed a product or service that people want or need.
- Built up a core of loyal customers who choose you over the competition.
- Created a reputation as an expert in your niche.
- Worked extremely hard and made lots of sacrifices.
Without doubt, you care a great deal about making your business successful and profitable.
So maybe you write your own advertising copy…
After all, no one knows your products and services as well as you do. And by writing your own words you’ll save money.
But are you making these two common copywriting mistakes?
- Writing copy from your perspective instead of the customers’ by using words like we and us instead of you and your? I call it self-promotion.
- Promoting product/service features instead of benefits?
What’s more, did you know these mistakes could actually cost you sales?
That’s because customers really aren’t interested in product features. And they don’t care how good you think your business is. In fact, all they want to know is how your products or services will make them richer, happier, prettier (you get the picture). That means these common mistakes could be turning customers off and leave your copy unread…
What’s the solution?
- You could spend time rewording your copy, OR
- Take the short cut and hire a professional copywriter.
Hiring a copywriter is good news for your business. A professional will write words that are more likely to get read by your prospects… Here’s why.
A copywriter will stand in your customers’ shoes and find out exactly what they need to read to be persuaded to buy from you…
And that’s invaluable because it ensures your business is pitched to appeal to your customers. And more interested customers equals more sales.
To conclude, clear, compelling, commercially focused copy written by a professional will get you more…
- Appeal to your customers more,
- Get read more,
- Get people to respond more and
- Generate more customer loyalty.
In a nutshell this is how copywriters can add value.
So next time you need some hard-hitting words to promote your company, let a professional copywriter do the hard work for you. It will save you valuable time meaning you can focus on doing all those other jobs only you can do.
And perhaps you too will discover professional copywriting is a sound investment that could help your business GROW.
P.S: Why not check out my copywriting services to discover how Gem Writing could help market your business. Alternatively contact me for chat about your requirements. There’s no obligation. I look forward to hearing from you.